Posted December 1, 2017
Salary Range: $31,244 + Benefits
Are you passionate about creating brand awareness? Can you create content strategy that will effectively educate the community about early childhood issues? Are you good at storytelling, messaging, and strategy?
If you answered yes to these questions, we would like to talk to you about joining OCPC as the Marketing Specialist.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for understanding the importance of content and its role in messaging and storytelling. Through our website, social media presence, and other marketing, OCPC wants to create community awareness of early childhood issues in Onslow County.
The Marketing Specialist will assist with a variety of projects related to marketing, branding, event and meeting promotion, graphic design, concept development, and messaging.
- Administer the organization’s website, maintaining a cohesive design and increasing OCPC’s online presence.
- Write, copy edit, proofread, and repurpose content marketing deliverables (e.g. web pages, blog posts).
- Develop and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience.
- Support the creation of digital graphics and basic design / layout of materials.
- Assist with developing content/campaigns across social channels, including, but not limited to posts, status updates, photos and videos to drive consistent, relevant traffic and engagement.
- Develop and update company presentations
- Assist with establishing and maintaining relationships with media contacts, organizations, and key influencers
- Recommend marketing strategy adjustments to meet changing community needs
- Assist with development and execution of brand strategy to support the overall organization, individual programs, services and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in marketing
- Must have strong creative and professional writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both program and outreach settings.
- Drive to make a difference in the life of children and families.
- Independent and self-motivated, able to comply with and enforce deadlines.
- Energetic team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- Familiarity with marketing analytics tools
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision
- Able to think critically and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Results-oriented and solution-focused with a problem-solving attitude
- Highly organized and able to exercise strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a learning attitude and a sense of urgency
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cathy Wangerin at firstname.lastname@example.org.