Programs that commit to pursue or increase their star rating are offered support through the Quality Enhancement and Quality Maintenance Programs. Our goal is to support providers who are interested in participating in the Quality Rating System through consultation, technical assistance, and access to professional development opportunities. This service is offered at no charge to providers, and is provided using Smart Start funds.
Technical Assistance topics include the following and many more!
- Mission Possible: Clean, Safe and Healthy Child Care Settings
- Super Spaces: Room Arrangement Strategies
- Planning for Success: Activity Plans to Facilitate Learning
- Partnering with Parents: Family Involvement Strategies
- Great Expectations: Age Appropriate Practices
- Time for Play: Mastering the Daily Schedule
- The Weight of the Word: Interactions with Children
Below is a list of services we commonly provide to all participating programs:
- Complete a needs-assessment
- Review training hours and provide guidance in the development of professional development plans
- Review star rating standards, including necessary documentation
- Conduct an observation using the appropriate Environment Rating Scale(s) for your program
- Collaborate in the development of Plan of Action (with staff who were observed)
- Collaborate in the development of an Improvement Plan (with director)
- Provide motivation and inspiration to early educators and professionals using a strengths-based approach
Interested in receiving services for your classroom, family child care home, half day preschool, afterschool program or child care center? Contact us to request an on-site visit. Email Brandy Lenhardt at email@example.com or call (910) 939-4394 or use our Technical Assistance form. Technical Assistance is available during regular business hours and after hours as needed. Translation services can be made available.