Family Support Specialist
Job Title: Family Support Specialist
Classification/Time: Full-time, Non Exempt
Reports to: Family Support Supervisor
Posted: March 13, 2017
Salary Range: $30,915- 38,644
Job Summary: Support parents/caregivers in our community by successfully implementing evidence-based and evidence-informed programs that encourage the development of safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments.
- Ensure timely tracking and collection of all required assessments, goal plans and performance measures;
- Facilitate all programs with model fidelity;
- Ensure details of program components are in place;
- Participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly and agency-wide activities;
- Coordinate and plan weekly outreach, presentations and recruitment;
- Conduct home visits as needed to support goals and /or specific curriculum;
- All other responsibilities as they are assigned.
STRONG RELATIONSHIP/ENGAGEMENT SKILLS:
- Ability to collaborate across departments and agencies;
- Ability to be parent-centered, solution aligned, goal-driven and strength focused;
- Ability to deliver services in a manner that develops understanding of each parent/caregiver served.
- Ability to spontaneously provide open ended and clarifying questions;
- Ability to use listening, summarizing and validation skills;
- Ability to receive and merge feedback into work performance;
- Ability to comfortably manage unplanned situations;
- Ability to spontaneously respond to goals, strengths and challenges during weekly sessions, phone calls, peer support, team meetings and trainings.
STRONG ORGANIZATIONAL/PLANNING SKILLS:
- Ability to coordinate and plan for services within a specified timeline;
- Ability to share information (verbal and written) in a clear and concise manner in both small and large groups; in both public/private settings;
- Ability to independently manage own schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field;
- Experience working with parents/caregivers and children;
- Experience facilitating (evidence based/informed) parenting groups is preferred;
- Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply;
- Training in Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or other special challenges preferred;
- Some travel is required.
Interested applicants must complete an Onslow County Partnership for Children application. Applications can be obtained at www.onslowkids.org or by contacting; Cathy Wangerin 910-353-7892 email@example.com. Please submit your application by mail to 900 Dennis Road, Jacksonville, NC 28546. Faxed or e-mailed copies will not be accepted. Position is open until filled